2012 Travel Reminiscence (part 1)

Wow, it is already more than 1 year since the last time I wrote on this blog. Again, apologize for my laziness -__-"

This will be a short up date. I only want to share few photos from 2012 travelling journey. I should like to call this 2012 as "Beach Year" as I only went to beaches that year, errr...actually I only went to 2 islands/beaches, twice! But eventhough it was the same beaches, the experience was not the same. Maybe because of the different companies I've got and also the different weather :) Oh almost forgot, I also went abroad that year, it was not a new place, it was just a backtrack of a backpacker journey I had a couple years ago.

So here it is, in 3 parts as it quite a long story ;)

1. Lombok : Gili Trawangan, Kuta, Gili Nanggu
I went to Lombok for the first time was a couple years a go and it was a work related, so I can't fully enjoyed the beauty of Lombok. This 2012, I went on January (and this was my first travel that year) and I think it was a wrong time to go to the beach, because it was rainy all day loooong.... -sigh- 

This time I went there with a group of docents from Bandung. The itinerary is what I call as ordinary itinerary. First day went to city tour to see Pura Lingsar and also Narmada Palce, and then to Senggigi (and stay there), second day to some traditional villages to see the pottery and also "tenun ikat" and then to Tanjung Aan beach. The third day went to the ever famous Gili Trawangan. 


Here are some  photos from those rainy and cloudy days.


Pura Lingsar

Narmada Palace
Cloudy day at Tanjung Aan


A small hill in Tanjung Aan




Gili Trawangan 

But thanks God, in the last day my travel agent give us a complimentary tour to Gili Nanggu. It was not on the tour itinerary and I was really excited. Gili Nanggu is small island in West Lombok; quite near with the new Lombok Airport. It is in opposite side of Gili Trawangan (which is in East Lombok area). You need to hire a small boat to go there. 


Small Boat to Gili Nanggu

Welcome to Gili Nanggu
Gili Nanggu is really a secluded beach and still very quiet, not as crowded as Gili Trawangan. There are only 2 snorkel rentals in the main island harbor. Tourist need to rent a small boat to go there. There is only 1 resort, which is consists of several comfy bungalows faced straight to the sea. Hmmm....this is really a place for honeymooners. 
Secluded Beach of Gili Nanggu


Bungalows at Gili Nanggu

 The second time that year, it was company outing....yeaaay.... Unfortunately, the EO was not that good. We were wasting one day not going anywhere because of conflicted flight schedule and have to spend half day waiting in as restaurant. The second day was a race games in Gili Trawangan, as the theme of 2012 Outing was "Challenge Yourself".  Again, it was such uncoordinated event, so many idling moments, don't know what to do, so we just sort of busy taking pictures. We even didn't have any chance to go around the island. 
Challenge Yourself!!!

High Tide to Gili Trawangan

Sunny Day at Gili Trawangan

Sunset at Senggigi Beach

And the 3rd day was for shopping and get back to Jakarta. But me and my friend opted to extend our holiday, so....we went to Gili Nanggu (again!). It was a beautiful and sunny day in Gili Nanggu. We walked around the island and then snorkeling. After that, we went to see Kuta Beach, again, complimentary from my generous travel agent. 

Hello sunshine!

So quiet

Wihiiiiiii........




0 Responses